Are you ready? Is your costume ready? Here's the short list of the TOP FIVE Costume Balls in Salem. They vary in price and intensity, so one of them is sure to fit your Halloween expectations. Wherever you go, take pictures... and send them to me at email@example.com. I just might share them on the blog next week!
5. The Zombie Prom at Vic's Boathouse on Pickering Wharf. Any party that merges zombies with high school prom dresses and ruffled tuxes has a bright future in my book. 9:30 PM on Friday, no cover, VictoriaStationSalem.com
4. Bridget Bishop Costume Ball at 43 Church. 43 Church, located in the former Lyceum, is located on the land that belonged to Bridget Bishop, who was condemned during the Salem Witch Trials. This was her apple orchard, and some say they can smell apples... when there are none being cooked. Toast Bridget's spirit with some hard cider on Saturday night. 8pm - 12am. 43Church.com
3. Wicked Night on the Wharf at the Salem Waterfront Hotel boasts a costume competition, awesome music, and TV Diner host and Kiss 108 personality Billy Costa. What more could you ask for? Saturday night, 6pm - 12am. SalemWaterfrontHotel.com
2. The Official Salem Witches' Halloween Ball, the edgiest of the balls, this year the Witches' ball has a Lords of the Underworld, theme. The costumes for this ball are always fantastic, as is the entertainment. Friday night, 7:30pm - 12:30am. FestivalOfTheDead.com
1. The Hawthorne Hotel's Costume Ball has a Saturday Fright Fever theme this year, which leads me to believe there will be zombies doing the hustle. John Travolta should be watching his back, because I suspect his white leisure suit is going to be in high demand. Three floors of music and entertainment await at this, the grandest ball of them all. 8pm - Midnight on Saturday. HawthorneHotel.com
There are other balls, parties, and live music events throughout the weekend. Visit HauntedHappenings.org for all of the details. So much fun, so hard to choose. Which ball will you choose?!