There are many savvy Haunted Happenings travelers who booked their accommodations as they checked out in 2012. We appreciate their enthusiasm. But we want everyone who loves Salem and Halloween to get the chance to visit us in October, so we are gently nudging you now to say - it's time, people. Get on it!
A few Haunted Happenings FAQs...
Where should I stay?
Well, staying in the center of it all is always the best, so we recommend one of the great Salem accommodations. Choose between full service hotels, cozy B&Bs, or economy accommodations. Weekends book up fast at all accommodations and they will sell-out. Most have minimum night stays in October, so bear that in mind when making your reservation.
What's Happening When?
Events are still being planned, but we can tell you this:
- The Grand Parade will be on October 3rd at 6:30 PM
- The Haunted Biz Baz Street Fair will be on October 5 - 6
- The Salem Open Market will be October 11-13, 18-20, 25-27
- Spirits of the Gables and Legacy of the Hanging Judge at the House of the Seven Gables will run October 11,12, 13, 18, 19, 25, 26, 31
- The Official Witches Ball is October 25
- There are several other balls scheduled for October 26, including the Hawthorne Hotel ball and Wicked Night at the Wharf
How do I get there?
- If you're driving, check out ParkinginSalem.com for new parking rules, rates and regulations.
- Take the train from Boston's North Station - the MBTA Commuter Rail will get you here in 30 minutes.
- Ride the Salem Ferry from Long Wharf in Boston to Salem. That's the arrival with the best view!
Can I request a schedule of events?
You can! We would love to send you a guide. Submit the form on Salem.org and check of October and/or Haunted Happenings, and we will send you the Official Guide to Haunted Happenings as soon as it is available in August. If you don't need the Salem Guide, too, you can note that in the comment section. In the meantime, we are populating the calendar on HauntedHappenings.org with events as we receive them, so continue to check the web site.
We are in the process of updating HauntedHappenings.org, and we appreciate your patience as we create a better, easier, site for you to use. In the meantime, you are always welcome to contact us at email@example.com with your questions. We are happy to help!