There are several accommodations in the region listed, as well. Here's a cheat-sheet for neighboring communities...
- Beverly is north of Salem. The Wylie Inn is about a 15 minute drive.
- Danvers is northwest of Salem, those hotels are a 15-20 minute drive.
- Peabody is west of Salem, and most Peabody hotels are also a 15-20 minute drive.
- Rockport is 30 minutes northeast of Salem. While it's a bit farther away, it is on the MBTA Commuter Rail (think "Last Stop!"), which makes car-free travel very easy between Rockport and Salem, especially on Halloween weekend.
- Wakefield is on Route 128 west of Salem, and a 20-25 minute drive.
All drive times are estimates, and traffic could throw my estimates out the window. That said, the regional accommodations are not far away, and once you're in Salem you can park your car and walk between nearly all of the attractions (or buy a Salem Trolley ticket, which is good all day for a shuttle between sights as well as their narrated tour of the city).
Also worth noting... we've been updating the calendar of events on HauntedHappenings.org constantly. If you haven't checked it out lately, it's time! Remember to check the list of October Programs, too.